I'm sorry that scheduling will not allow us to meet before November (if then!), and that we have to get introduced in this way.
For this week's class, we will all meet at 12 o'clock tomorrow (Oct. 22) in a Zoom meeting. I will explain the way the classes work and talk a little bit about our F2F meetings in November.
Essentially, you'll be given a set of short texts to translate and we will go through them in the practice classes. Starting next week, we will use the 12 o'clock hour to talk about Translation Studies as a discipline. There will be a comprehensive test over those lectures at the end of the spring semester.
For your grade this semester, we will have two written tests, translations of short texts. In the meantime, each week we will be going over the translations you are assigned, talking about them in an organized way. I will be sending you a course description and the compendium of texts we will be working on during the semester.
I know that some of you are taking AmLit with Prof. Izgarjan. Therefore, I will ask you to sign up at the link below. If you are not taking her course, please sign up for Group 1, which will be meeting on Thursdays at 10:30-12. If you are taking her course, please sign up for Group 2, which will be meeting on Thursdays from 13-14:15. If your name is not on the list, please add it.
And here is the invitation for tomorrow's meeting:
Randall A. Major is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Tr>En 1 (OJV 5) Group 1
Time: Oct 22, 2020 12:00 PM Budapest
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/71895325649?pwd=YWloUmRpWmpTRDc0TlVUWlJnd2JRdz09
Meeting ID: 718 9532 5649
Passcode: 4JLVHc
I'm looking forward to seeing at least some of you tomorrow!
Randall
No comments:
Post a Comment