Saturday, July 25, 2020

Booklet Signing Web and Access

Dear Third and Fourth Year,

Booklets
Questions have been asked about someone signing your booklets (read "indeks"). From June 2020, that will be me. However, the Ministry has suggested that this activity should paused until the health crisis has relaxed a little bit.

I therefore (optimistically) plan to sign your booklets in the September exam period. My exams are on Sept. 10 in the afternoon. Let us agree on that as a provisional date for this adventure.

Read the following carefully:

1) You should fill out the appropriate space in your booklet ahead of time (Objedinjene jezičke veštine 6, 8, etc.). 
2) I recommend that you appoint (=beg them, bribe them) two ceremonial Masters of the Holy Booklets (two for each year) to gather your booklets in one place and bring them to me. That is to say, you don't have to come in person.
3) If you don't have signatures for previous courses (OJV 5, 6, 7, 8) and want them, I can sign in your teachers' place. But I will have to know [NOTICE THIS] ahead of time when you passed the exam you need the signature for.
4) There will be a second opportunity to get this done in October, but let's do our best to get it organized and completed in September.
5) If the September plan falls through, I will inform you a week ahead of time. WATCH THIS SPACE.


Web Access
I know ahead of time that this is a foolish place to talk about this, but here goes.
The Ministry has informed us that we should plan to hold most of our classes by distance this autumn. I need you talk among yourselves to find out if everyone has web access and the appropriate equipment to follow such activities. [Obviously, if someone doesn't, they aren't reading this.] I know that times are hard, certain (economic) restrictions apply to many of you. If anyone is going to have difficulty, they can address me here any time: randall.major@ff.uns.ac.rs, or in person on the above-mentioned September 10. I'll see what we can do. This invitation extends only to students of our department in the third and fourth year. And BTW, if any of you have contact with the upcoming Third Year, please put their "leaders" in contact with me.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Stay safe. Wear a mask. Wash your hands.
My best wishes,
Randall

No comments:

Post a Comment