Monday, May 11, 2020

Fourth Year - Required classwork (tests) before the exam

Dear Fourth Year,

The FF administration has informed us that we will have to have our exam at the FF during the regular June exam period, so you should prepare yourselves mentally for coming there at some point in June or July to take your exam with me. It will be a written translation, not something you can study for, so if I were you (I'm not you, but if I were you) I would get it out of the way as soon as possible (June). Just BTW, they won't let you into the FF without masks and gloves.

However, we could get your tests out of the way beforehand. I am willing to give you the tests online on May 22 or May 29, at 10 a.m. (our regular class time). One test from 10:00 to 10:40, then the second from 11:00 to 11:40. They will both be written translations. You are allowed to use available resources (read: the internet), but I would ask you not to collaborate, not to work together. I trust that you will follow this direction of mine, because I believe in your integrity. You, collectively, would have to decide which of those days to do the tests. It's a one day, one time offer.

I suppose you have some sort of FB group or something. It would be good if one of you would take it upon themselves to compile a list of those who would like to do this and send it to me. If I don't hear from you in three days (that is, by Thursday, May 14), I'll assume you're not interested. In that case, or in case you cannot do so for technical or personal reasons (no internet access, no computer, getting married), I will be at the FF on Saturday, May 30 at 12 p.m. and you can take the tests then on paper, as usual. We'll create sign up lists as necessary after Thursday.

I hope that you are all doing well. Let's work together to get this finished up so you can move on with your lives.


Peace!
Randall

No comments:

Post a Comment